Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 8, 2010

GOD is Patient, GOD is Kind, GOD is Long-Suffering.. but there IS a Limit.



"Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes. Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste--nothing escapes them." Joel 2:3

Are you one of those who takes advantage of GOD's Grace? C'mon... be honest. Sometimes.. I find myself pushing His limits... I think.

To tell you the Truth.. GOD is very patient, very kind, and oh so long-suffering.. and who knows truly when He is at His end.. but.. why go that far?

I can honestly say in 25 years there have been a handful of times to my knowledge.. if that.. that I have felt GOD's limits getting pushed. In His Presence with me... through the Word He has given me... and through the response or lack of from His Spirit. In those times.. I had become a bit unruly. My own anger ignited and powerful emotions spewing forth. When GOD has responded in these particular times that I have walked on the edge.. His Word and demeanor made me tremble!

Yesterday S.O.S Christian Radio was finishing up there Share-A-Thon and they had taken a poll of about 1500 people across the USA so far. It seems that about 75 percent of these people thought GOD was an ANGRY GOD.. distant, harsh, critical, judgmental, and just waiting to ZAP them! SAD.

The LORD asked me as I drove along... "What do you say about ME after all of these years?" 

The question took me by surprise.

"Well..." I said... "You ARE tough... When you make up your mind about something.. there is usually no changing it.. lol.. but then.. YOU are GOD.. You KNOW everything, and You are everywhere.. so who can argue with You?! But, GOD.. You are also SO  tender and compassionate. There are times when I melt in your abiding Presence and love... You comfort, counsel, You're my Best Friend,.. just so amazing!... I guess you are both... Tough.. and Tender... A perfect balance."

Then what came to mind was the words of a song... "A thundering-velvet Hand." 

This morning... Father took me to Joel 2:3..."Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes. Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste--nothing escapes them."

GOD's anger is a FIRE... when ignited it will go our before Him and devour His enemies and ours.

DO WE have a healthy Fear of the LORD as yet? 

OR.. has time with Him.. dulled that?

 "Have you suffered so much for nothing — if it really was for nothing?" Galatians 3:4

Is it possible to start out right in our walk with GOD having a reverent and healthy Fear and then after we become somewhat Familiar with Him in our lives.. we can begin to LOSE that? 

I believe that if and when this happens we can begin to RELAPSE into sin.

It's good to feel comfortable in GOD's Presence.. but if we get TOO comfortable.. TOO familiar... and we lose sight of the Fear of GOD.. we are in BIG trouble.. and His FIRE ALARM can begin to ring on the edge of our lives!

My earthly Dad.. when growing up.. had these eyes. Eyes.. that when he had ENOUGH would turn a STEEL GRAY to match his facial expression toward me. It always made me re-think things and get back in line.. IMMEDIATELY.

I always 'got the message' when he shot me that LOOK.. because it was 'his' FIRE ALARM beginning to ring! All I had to do was humble myself and get back in line.

It is the same with GOD.

If this morning.. you find.. like me..  you have gotten TOO comfortable in the Presence of GOD.. and you are tottering on the EDGE.. HUMBLE YOURSELF and GET BACK IN LINE. Don't wait until you hear the FIRE ALARM go off in Heaven. We have suffered enough to get this far.. needless suffering is something we can control with making right choices.

The only FIRE we want in our lives is that of His Spirit to Work Holiness into us.. and the FIRE POWER that brings Holy Conviction and A reverence for GOD into the lives of those who need to know Him when we are near!

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment