Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Interest of Others 2


Last night I experienced the biggest breakthrough I have ever had. About a month or so ago, my world changed,.. with notice from above, immensely.. even more so than after our recent move from the east coast to Las Vegas. 

The dark clouds came looming over and I was braced for a hurricane under.. I said.. under... the waters.

Have you ever read the account of Jesus walking on the water toward the disciples in the rocking boat on the stormy seas? 

Ha.. I never thought of this until the LORD had someone teach it. These men were not on seas they were unfamiliar with. As a matter of fact THEY were SEASONED fisherman.. so.. what would make them quake at THIS particular Storm?

It was because the words in the text tell us there was something like an EARTHQUAKE under the waters!

Now.. I have never..only in a dream..(and felt it.. lol..) been in an Earthquake.. but .. there can be no experience like it when your world that SEEMS stable like a rock under you is MOVED! Correct?

My world experienced and Earthquake!..and though I felt calmer because Jesus was in my boat (and has been for 25 years..( instead of 3 like theirs).. I was still not thrilled with the whole experience! I felt I should have done better! :)

You know.. GOD does not send us the details.. usually.. of things that are coming at us.. except for the very generic, need to know.. information. I was told.. "By September 24th you will experience pivotal or critical change in your life." 

That was enough to let me know that I needed to make sure what needed buttoning down on my boat.. was done.. and quickly. The things that were NOT going to remain.. I tried to save.. I guess.. but ultimately.. what was not needed was taken overboard by the waves!

Today... this day of my writing.. my boat is pretty bare. No fancy sailboat... no stock or furniture to admire. It's sleek, lite, and has only what is needed to meet whatever else lay ahead... Funny thing is? I'm glad!!!

After the initial "heads up" from GOD... the storm really kicked in! Rains, waves, rocking, loss, in I went into survival mode as things were washed away. I got seasick, tired (you know that weighty kind of lead tired), gave up trying to 'save stuff' and just surrendered. The pressure on all sides was great.. and got to the point where the UGLY stuff in me started to rise up! I hate that part!

It isn't fun to go through a tight place and get your character squeezed.. to the point where you want to start anesthetizing yourself so you won't feel the hard brunt of anything.

I began to COMPLAIN. Let me tell you something.. GOD will listen to your complaints, and to a point He will sympathize.. but I don't think He is happy with it and He does not get honored in that.

When I began instead to 'CRY OUT' for help.. then humility came and HE went into action. It WAS the FOURTH WATCH and don't think that because you CRY OUT in the first one He'll come running. This sister was getting tested... sorely!

I'm glad now.. AFTER.. because I get to see where I was REALLY at. God came to the rescue just before I went south too much... He knew.. "ENOUGH".

Now.. let me tell you how I understood all of this today.

I was at the GYM. I am on a program called Activetrax. A computer generates my workout's like a personal trainer and I can even keep track online.

When I first started.. a month ago.. I was not feeling in the best of shape. I asked the LORD to be my "Coach" and He as done so.. not only in life.. but at the gym well. 

I realized that I have been taught a lot in and through my workouts...So much about 'Resistance' and all of it's BENEFITS in EVERY area of our lives. 

If you want to be a STRONG ATHLETIC kind of KID that belongs to the LORD.. you have to PAY your DUE. Get up early or at least set a time to be with Him EVERY SINGLE DAY. Your day is nothing like it could be unless you are meeting with Jesus Christ.. your Life Coach!

Let Him take you into the WORD and give you your DAILY BREAD. Savor what you have been given to eat.. because it is your marching order for THE DAY.

Let HIM take you on a tour of your day. He will "lead, guide and direct you into ALL TRUTH" and into your steps toward your destiny. YOu will have ALL you need IF you FOLLOW HIS PLAN.

Remember it is HIS GYM and HE is the only COACH worth listening to.. and HE WILL make you  work for it.. as you REST in HIM!

In one month's time.. I have felt the pressure of the workouts. But.. today.. my clothes are looser, my frame is already getting stronger and toned.. and my endurance increasing. I worship while I workout... It is my time with HIM. 

Today.. after 2 days off.. my weights were.. LITE. I got the message loud and clear..

We NEED to go through these kinds of GOD ordained TESTS to see where we are really at. GOD will not let us go beyond what we can endure.. but we WILL see who we and what are really like.. and in the meantime our Spiritual Muscles are being developed through resistance, hard work, sweat and YEP.. tears... just about the time these grueling workouts are hitting us at maximum levels.. He stops it.
We are so weary we cannot lift the weight once more... and HE comes to SPOT US.. (give assistance).

In lifting weights.. every athlete knows the increase comes when you reach the point where your muscles begin to BURN. It is not in the first 15 reps that you experience GREAT benefit.. that is 'conditioning what one already has'.. it is in those LAST FEW LIFTS when your muscles are saying.. "Hey man.. I don't have much more oxygen here!".. that when you continue.. if safe.. to finish those last five without HARM.. that your muscles receive the INCREASE.. and after a short season.. these weights become LITE... your muscles now need more WEIGHT to challenge them!

Isn't THAT like our Spiritual Growth???

Yes.

The thing and the reason for writing all of this is that MANY.. even CHRISTIANS are taking the BROAD and EASY ROAD... S T O P!

TURN AROUND!

The TRUTH is.. YOU were made for the HARD ROAD... for the ATHLETIC BUILD in CHRIST.. to be a GOOD SOLDIER! How many of you are thankful that in the USA our BOYS are Fighting for our FREEDOM? My question though is ARE YOU FIGHTING FOR THE FREEDOM OF THOSE THAT ARE LOST???

WE ALL HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO FIGHT FOR OUR OWN LIVES..YES.. BUT ALSO FOR THOSE AROUND US!!

IF YOU TAKE THE 'EASY ROAD' YOU ARE DITCHING YOUR OWN SPIRITUAL GROWTH FOR COMFORT NOW.. AND PAIN LATER!

ALSO.. YOU ARE TAKING THOSE WHO WERE ASSIGNED TO YOUR LIFE AND MINISTRY WITH YOU. NOTHING IN THIS LIFE EVER ONLY AFFECTS YOU.

IF YOU  FACE THE PAIN NOW OF GETTING IN SHAPE SPIRITUALLY AND WHOLE HEARTEDLY FOLLOW CHRIST TO THE DEATH OF YOURSELF.. YOU WILL GAIN LIFE FOR YOU AND O T H E R S!

PLUS.. YOU GIVE THEM THE COURAGE TO DO THE SAME THING!

THE PAIN GOD ALLOWS IS FOR YOUR GROWTH... AND NO GROWTH OCCURS WITHOUT IT!

C'MON... 'FIGHT LIKE A GIRL! " :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment